With Instructables you can share what you make with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
share what you made with text, photos, video, and files
gather your favorite instructables together
Welcome to How To Tuesdays, Threadbanger's summer special. Today we are going to answer a viewer's question and show you how to make an awesome pair o...
1. Put on the pants, measure and make a mark about 2 inches below the bottom of your knee.
2. Lay the pants flat and draw a straight line using tailor's chalk and a straight edge.
3. Cut the pant legs off at the line and turn them inside out. Now, fold up the shorts bottoms about an inch up and pin. Do this for both sides. Be su...
4. Once the bottoms are completely pinned, sew a seam around both short legs.
5. Now get out a piece of paper and cut out an image. This will be the design on your shorts.
6. Fold your shorts in half so that one of the side seams is facing up. Then place your pattern over it. Once you have it in the right position, pin t...
7. Cut the inside part of the shape out, flip the shorts over and repeat on the other side.
8. Now take your Hawaiian shirt and cute out 2 pieces of fabric that are big enough to cover your pattern generously.
9. Take one of your squares and pin it inside one of your cut-outs. Then sew a seam around your cut-out. Once you're finished, repeat on the other sid...
10. After you're done, take the tie and strategically pin it around the top of your pants.
11. Cut a hole in the tie where the first button is, cut a hole and pull the button through the tie. Then fold the tie over the button, cut another ho...
12. Lastly, sew the tie to the pants and you've got yourself some new boardshorts!
13. And if you're daring enough, you can deconstruct the suit top to match!
Download our new apps for iOS, Android and Windows 8!
© 2014 Autodesk, Inc.
By clicking "Create Account" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member? Login »
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »