With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
Welcome to How To Tuesdays, Threadbanger's summer special. Today we are going to answer a viewer's question and show you how to make an awesome pair of board ...
1. Put on the pants, measure and make a mark about 2 inches below the bottom of your knee.
2. Lay the pants flat and draw a straight line using tailor's chalk and a straight edge.
3. Cut the pant legs off at the line and turn them inside out. Now, fold up the shorts bottoms about an inch up and pin. Do this ...
4. Once the bottoms are completely pinned, sew a seam around both short legs.
5. Now get out a piece of paper and cut out an image. This will be the design on your shorts.
6. Fold your shorts in half so that one of the side seams is facing up. Then place your pattern over it. Once you have it in the ...
7. Cut the inside part of the shape out, flip the shorts over and repeat on the other side.
8. Now take your Hawaiian shirt and cute out 2 pieces of fabric that are big enough to cover your pattern generously.
9. Take one of your squares and pin it inside one of your cut-outs. Then sew a seam around your cut-out. Once you're finished, repeat on the other ...
10. After you're done, take the tie and strategically pin it around the top of your pants.
11. Cut a hole in the tie where the first button is, cut a hole and pull the button through the tie. Then fold the tie over the ...
12. Lastly, sew the tie to the pants and you've got yourself some new boardshorts!
13. And if you're daring enough, you can deconstruct the suit top to match!
Join 2 million + to receive instant DIY inspiration in your inbox.
© 2016 Autodesk, Inc.