Equipment You'll Need:
· Two medium sized pots
· Cutting board
· Two sharpened knives
· Large spoon
· Cooking sheet
· Large mixing bowl
· 3 medium sized chicken breasts (boiled & diced)
· 1-2 crowns of broccoli
· 3 ten oz. cans cream of chicken soup
· 4 tubes of crescent rolls
· 8 oz. cream cheese
· 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
· ½ tsp pepper
Preparation Time: Approximately 30 minutes.
Servings: About 8-10 servings (2 pockets per person).
May I recommend that you read through or skim the steps before beginning your culinary journey? Thanks for looking, and I hope you enjoy this dish as much and my friends and I do.
Next, boil the chicken breasts. Make sure they’re defrosted. Put the chicken breasts into a medium sized pot, and then cover them with water.
* Make sure the chicken breasts are white all the way through. We don’t want salmonella poisoning! *
OPTIONAL: Once finished boiling, don't strain the chicken breasts, simply remove them from the water. You may want the leftover broth later to water down the broccoli and chicken mix if you feel like it's too thick.
* Make sure the cream cheese is softened. If it's hard, it'll be difficult to stir! *
Step 6: Making the Pockets
2) Take the other close corner and fold it around in the same manner.
3) Then take the long corner (the small end) and bring it all the way around the dollop of mix, wrapping it up. (See photos for more detail.)
If you have any leftover mix or you just don't want to make it all at once, the mix keeps for a long time as long as you refrigerate it in a covered/sealed container.