Introduction: How to Make Carnitas Tenderloin Tacos
In this instructable I will show you how you can make tender carnitas tenderloin tacos. A delicious dinner dish that is easy to make. If you have a slow cooker you can prepare this dish together in the morning and have tender tenderloin in the evening. But if you do not own a slow cooker (like me) you can simulate it using your oven. It will take less time and the result is the same. Soft, tender, shredded, pork tenderloin.
To make this recipe you start with a good piece of tenderloin of about 300 grams and cut it into three equal parts. To give the tenderloin some spice add a teaspoon of cumin and oregano and coat the tenderloin with it. Put the tenderloin in a ceramic pan or Dutch oven and add chopped onion, 3 gloves of garlic (whole), 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of orange juice, 1 beef stock cube crumbled, 4 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1½ cup of water.
Pre heat your oven at 425℉ and cook the carnitas in for 60 minutes. While the tenderloin is cooking boil some potatoes with skin and bake in a frying pan. If you like green beans you can cook these as well.
Take the tenderloin out of the oven and shred it into small pieces. Put a skillet on your stove. A normal frying pan will also work. It will give your tender tenderloin a nice crispy flavor. Add the shredded tenderloin in the skillet or pan and add some gravy. Cook on high heat.
Now it is time to plate it up! Put the potatoes on the plate, add the green beans. Take a soft vegan flatbread (you can warm them in the oven wrapped in aluminium foil) or use a crispy corn taco and add a hand full of tenderloin. Decorate it with some thin sliced red bell peppers. Your tender carnitas tenderloin tacos are ready to serve.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make these tender carnitas tenderloin tacos? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
To make these tacos for two persons you need the following ingredients:
- 300 gram tenderloin
- 4 soft flatbreads or regular tacos. You can use store-bought flatbread or tacos or homemade. To make homemade flatbread you can follow my previous instructable
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small beef stock cube crumbled
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1½ cup of water
- ½ finely sliced bell pepper for decorating
Step 3: Instructions
- Pre heat oven at 425℉.
- Cut the tenderloin in three equal parts and season with cumin and oregano.
- Put the tenderloin in ceramic pan or Dutch oven.
- Add lemon juice, orange juice, chopped onion, garlic, stock cube, soy sauce and water to the pan or Dutch oven.
- Put the pan or Dutch oven in the oven and let it cook for 60 minutes.
- Check half way through, turn the tenderloin and add some water to keep it covered.
- Take the tenderloin out of the oven and shred it.
- Heat a skillet or baking pan and pan fry the carnitas and add 4 to 5 tablespoon of gravy to make the meat crispy.
- Warm the tacos or soft flatbread wrapped in aluminium foil in the oven.
- Plate the tacos and decorate it with some red bell peppers and gravy.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.