Introduction: How to Make Ceramic Tile Coasters
In this tutorial Kids Crafts by Three Sisters shows you how to make ceramic tile coasters using a technique called decoupage. Decoupage means "the art or craft of decorating objects with paper cut-outs." You'll learn how to use decorative paper napkins, Mod Podge & ceramic tiles to create beautiful gifts for teachers, hostesses and even holiday parties.
You can personalize your ceramic tile coasters with monogram letters and paint or let the napkin design stand alone. The possibilities are really endless and the kids had a great time making these for family.
ITEMS NEEDED TO MAKE CERAMIC TILE COASTERS:
- 4x4 ceramic tiles (We found ours at Home Depot for 16¢ each).
- Decorative Napkins (Source these from any party, craft or dollar store).
- Mod Podge (We used the Mod Podge Gloss on our ceramic tile coasters).
- Monogram Letter(s) - Optional for personalization
- Felt or cork for the back of the drink coaster
- Waterproof poly or glaze - Protects decoupaged tile coasters from moisture