These pretty lights are inexpensive and easy to make. They are made mostly from material found at a dollar store. You can make several branches for a spray of cherry blossoms to decorate your room.
Step 1: What you will need
- White LED Christmas lights (battery powered) -you can pick these up on sale after Christmas or here.
- Tissue paper (shades of white and pink) -you can reuse old tissues from gift bags, it's okay if it's crinkly
- a Branch (I used dollar store flowers, though a real tree branch will do)
- Floral stem wrap tape (brown)
- Sand/ gravel or small stones
- Twist ties
- Glue (glue stick and craft glue)
- Scissors/rotary cutting tool
*If you use lights that need to be plugged into an outlet, you need a vase that you can cut a hole in to allow the plug through the bottom.
Step 2: Putting the lights on
Step 3: Preparing the tissue paper
Cut the 4 ply paper into squares 3 by 3 inches in size, you need one for each LED.