Even as far back at 5,000 years ago the act of chewing tree sap has been common in the americas.
This instructable will show you how to make chewing gum using chicle base and flavorings to make your own exciting gums.
We will cover sugared and sugar free gum (using stevia)
Step 1: Supply List
- Chicle Base (From Glee Gum) (Quick warning, Chicle is latex, if you have a latex allergy, please do not do this.)
-Sugar free version uses Stevia and Cornstarch
-Sugar version uses powered sugar and rice syrup
- Wax Paper
- Container you don't care about
- Utensil you don't care about
- Pot with water
- Flavorings (We used LorAnn Oils)
- Citric acid (for fruity gums)