Introduction: How to Make Chili
Here's how to make delicious, homemade Chilli !!
Step 1: Ingredients
for this instructable you'll need the following ingredients:
- tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes
- crushed tomatoes
- ground beef
- 2 celery stalks
- one onion( only need 1/2)
- 1 pepper
- 2 cans of beans
Step 2: Wash Your Vegetables
- Make sure to thoroughly wash your vegetables (tomatoes,celery,pepper,onion) before cutting!!
Step 3: Cut Up Your Vegetables !
- Cut up all the vegetables into bite sized pieces or any size that you prefer.
Step 4: Strain
- Strain both cans of beans in a strainer, use water to help if needed. Strain until all the juices are gone and just the beans are left.
Step 5: Begin Cooking
- after you preheat the stove and buttered the pot, cook the meat until it is all brown( make sure the stove is on medium-high).
Step 6: Adding the Beans
- Add the beans from the strainer into the meat and stir it around for about 2 minutes or so (Heat still on medium-high)
Step 7: Add in the Vegetables
- Add in all the cut up vegetables and stir everything around for a couple of minutes with the heat on Medium-high
Step 8: Go Bigger
- Since the food was nearly all the way up to the brim, we moved the contents to a bigger bowl- This is optional
- Put your pot on top of a heat tamer/diffuser
*Make sure the heat is still on medium-high*
Step 10: Add the Tomato Sauce/ Paste
- Add the tomato sauce and paste into the chilli. You can use a spoon to get all the contents out of the container- if needed.
Step 11: Stir It Up
- Stir everything for about 2 minutes
Step 12: Simmer Down
- Turn the knob on your stove so that it's now medium-low
- Put the lid on top of the pot and let it simmer down for about 15 minutes
Step 13: Add Your SPICE
- After 10 minutes of simmering, add about a teaspoon of Cayenne pepper to the meal
- Let it simmer for about 5 more minutes and then serve
- OPTIONAL : Break open a chilli pepper and pour the contents into the chilli for even more heat
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.