Introduction: How to Make Chinese Soy-sauce Chicken
Do you like Chinese food? Chinese is well-known for its cuisine culture. Most western people are big fans of Chinese food. If you are one of them, today, I will show you the real recipe of Chinese soy-sauced chicken wings. Chicken wings are popular food among the world. They are easy to get and easy to cook. Make a delicious Chinese food is not that difficult, everyone can do it!
Step 1: Ingredients
[Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 1 hour | Serve: 4 | Calories：430 per serving]
1. 2 1.5lb chicken wings, cut in half, boned
2. 1 cup of broccoli, cut into florets
3. 1 cup of carrot, peeled and cut into pieces
4. 1 half cup of scallions, peeled and sliced (green onions)
5. 2 slices ginger root
6. 2/3 cup hot water
7. 1 tsp soy sauce or maggie seasoning 1 tsp
8. Black pepper (to taste)
9. Oil (do not use olive oil)
10. Sesame seeds
1, Tomato is also a good choice as a side.
2, Sauce is one of the key points make Chinese meal delicious, choose whatever you like.
Step 2: Prepare the Chicken
1. Marinade the meat with seasoning that giving the flavor and color for at least 15 minutes.
2. Heat the non-sticky pan with 1/2 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat until hot.
3. Pan-fry the chicken until both sides are brown (3 minutes for each side).
1, The longer you marinade the meat, the better chicken will be. The best way to do that is marinade the chicken one day before you cook and leave it in the refrigerator.
2, The pan-fry time really depends on how much chicken you use, do not overcook if the chicken turns to black.
Step 3: Make the Sauce
1. Clean and dry the pan well.
2. Heat it again with 1/2 tbsp of oil over high heat.
3. Add in the mixed sauce.
4. Stir-fry the sauce.
Note: Stir-fry sauceis mostly used in almost every Chinese meal. It will help emit the taste of sauce and mix with the food thoroughly.
Step 4: Cook the Chicken
1. Add in the chicken wings and hot water.
2. Bring the sauce to boil.
3. Turn the heat to medium.
4. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add in the stir-fried sauce and mix it well.
6. Turn the heat to high.
7. Stir-fry-quickly until chicken mixed with sauce thoroughly. The sauce will be thick at this point, make sure to remove the chicken before all the moisture is evaporated.
Note: Chinese people use high heat to boil the sauce in order to make
it thick, which is the most important recipe among all Chinese cooking.
Step 5: Prepare Sides and Serve
1. Boil broccoli and carrot.
2. Cut the chicken into pieces.
3. Add sesame and boiled sides.
Note: You can choose sides with beautiful colors to make the meal look even tastier.
Congratulations! The soy sauced chicken is ready to be served. Enjoy your delicious Chinese meal.