Introduction: How to Make Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Cream extracted from cow's milk is normally used for making ice cream. Here I have used milk extracted from coconut to make Ice Cream.
Please go through the instructable on how to make Coconut Milk Ice Cream at home
Step 1: Ingredients
- One Coconut
- 50 grams of Cashew Nuts
- 5 to 6 Cardamom pods
- One cup of Sugar
Step 2: Grind Coconut to a Paste
- Break open the coconut and remove the meat
- Add the coconut meat in a mixer grinder along with the Cardamom pods
- Lightly grind without adding any water. This will crush all big chunks of coconut into small pieces
- Add about 2 cups of water and grind to make a fine paste
Step 3: Extract Coconut Milk
- Using a clean cotton cloth or cheesecloth, filter out the coconut milk
- Transfer the remains once again to the grinder jar, add 2 cups of water and grind again
- Filter out the milk from the second grinding also.
You can extract milk from coconut meat 2 to 3 times. For better results extract milk twice only, otherwise the milk will have more water in it
Step 4: Make Cashew Nut Powder
- Transfer the Cashew nuts to a mixer grinder jar and grind it to a fine powder
Step 5: Boil the Coconut Milk
- Keep a clean pan over medium heat and add the extracted coconut milk in it
- Add one cup of sugar and cashew nut powder to the milk and mix well
- You can taste a sample coconut milk at this time and add sugar to your own taste
Step 6: Allow to Cool
- Once the milk starts to boil and all ingredients are mixed well together, remove from the stove
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow the mixture to cool
Step 7: Deep Freeze the Mix
- Once the mixture has been cooled off, place the pan in the deep freezer
- First I tried to place the pan in which the coconut milk was boiled. It fitted inside the freezer, but could not close the door. So I have transferred the mixer to another small container and kept in the freezer
Step 8: Scoop Out and Serve Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Once the coconut milk mixture is frozen, you can take it out from the freezer
Scoop out layers of frozen Coconut Milk Ice cream into cups and serve
Without adding any chemical additives, this ice cream tastes so wonderful you will all love it.
Have fun and beat the heat with the home-made Coconut Milk Ice Cream
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.