Introduction: How to Make Delicious Healthy Guacamole
In this instructable I will show you how to make delicious healthy guacamole. Guacamole is great to eat with oven baked corn tortilla chips (see our how to make instructable) as a dip. But is also great to eat with pulled chicken bean filling and tortilla (see our how to make instructable), beef filled tacos or a fresh salad with roasted chicken.
Less is usually more and this simple but delicious healthy guacamole more than proves it. Start with the best ingredients which for this recipe is a ripe avocado, fresh garlic, some lemon juice and you are ready to roll. You do not need a whole lot of fancy add ons but if you like I will show you what additional ingredients you can add if you ever get bored with the basic guacamole.
A full instruction and printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
Step 1: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- ripe avocado (You can use different types of avacado. In the video we use a Fuerte avacado. You can also use a Hass or Gwen avacado)
- ½ tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic (1 clove per half avocado)
- pinch of salt
- black pepper to taste
- A stone pounder (optional)
Step 2: Instructions
- Crush the garlic in a stone pounder (if you have one) or cut very finely and crush with a spoon in a bowl to make the garlic soft.
- Squeeze the lemon in a small bowl.
- Half the avocado and put in a bowl. Crush the avocado until smooth.
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Start with about half tablespoon of lemon and stir. Taste to see if it requires more lemon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3: Notes
Store in the refrigerator by putting the bowl in a ziplock bag for about a day. If you want to keep it longer freeze the delicious healthy guacamole.
If you have half an avocado left and want to use it the next day put it in a glass jar and store in the frig.
If you like some variety on this recipe you can add on or more of the following ingredients:
- spring onion
- chili pepper
- red peppers
- tomato (cherry or normal)
- Sriracha (1 teaspoon)