Introduction: How to Make Dilly Beans
Time: 30 minutes
Processing time:15 minutes
5-6 cups green beans
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, per jar
2 teaspoons pickle seasoning, per jar
1/3 canning salt
*Hot peppers, optional 1-2 per jar
*great for salads or just a snack!
makes 4- 16oz jars
Step 1: Stuffing the Jar
1. Wash and snip the ends of green beans
2. Place hot water/canning pot on high.
3. In each jar place onions, garlic and pickling seasoning at bottom of each jar or you can layer it with the green beans.
4. Tightly pack jars with green beans and add a hot pepper if you want it spicy.
Step 2: Brine & Hot Water Bath
1. In a sauce pan place water, vinegar and salt. bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
2. Pour brine over green beans. leave 1/4" head space at top.
3. Tightly put on lids and bands.
4. Process in hot water bath/canning pot for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from water and let cool.
6. Store and use within a year.
Follow us on Instagram and etsy.com @pinehillsfarm to see more!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.