Heres what I recommend doing before you start:
1. Wash your hands
2. Get out all your supplies
3. Put the frosting and coconut into separate bowls
4. Cut the bunny ears (as shown in step 7 & 8)
5. Cut the Mike and Ikes or Twist and Pull Licorice (as shown in step 12)
6. Begin the building process
7. Have fun and be creative!
Step 1: Supplies You Will Need
4. Some type of small round candy. (I used green sour candy) (you could use skittles, M&M's, etc.)
Step 2: Supplies You Will Need
Step 3: Supplies You Will Need
8. A spoon or a frosting spatula (both pictured)
9. Cooking Scissors
10. Parchment paper or Wax paper
Step 4: Step 1
Step 5: Step 2
Step 6: Step 3
Step 7: Step 4
Step 8: Step 5
2. Repeat Steps 1-5 until you have made the amount that you want.
Step 9: Step 6
Step 10: Step 7
2. Repeat this step until you have enough bunny ears for the amount of marshmallows that you have.
Step 11: Step 8
Step 12: Step 9
Step 13: Step 10
Step 14: Step 11
(You can also make the eyes and the nose different colors. This makes things fun and silly for the kids)
Step 15: Step 12
(If you use the Licorice)
1. Pull it apart
2. Cut into small parts
Step 16: Step 13-The Finished Product!
Feel free to substitute out anything you don't like and please be creative! My 2 1/2 year old nephew absolutely loved rolling the marshmallows in the frosting and coconut, and insisted on dying some of the marshmallows pink and purple, his two favorite colors!
If you are not going to be enjoying these festive treats right away they are best stored in a air tight tupperware container.