Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
- light weight, non-fusible interfacing, available at fabric and hobby stores
- art, your own or someone else's for which you have authorization to use
- sharp scissors
- permanent and/or fabric markers or crayons
- drier or iron, depending on what the instructions for your fabric markers say if you use them
- access to a copy machine or printer for clip art
Pellon is a common brand of interfacing. You want to choose the heaviest weight that you can still see through because you're going to trace your art. Fuzzier interfacing sticks to flannel boards better than non-fuzzy, but both kinds seem to work. I found two bolts of interfacing that were marked with identical tags but one was significantly fuzzier than the other. Feel before you buy.