Introduction: How to Make Easy Hummus
In this instructable I will show you how to make hummus. All it takes is one food processor, blender or immersion blender and about six ingredients. The star of the dish is the chickpea which we will turn into easy peasy hummus with tortilla. So if you have a can of chickpeas in the cupboard or some dried chickpeas you got the majority of the dish all ready. Add some bits and pieces and you will have easy peasy hummus with tortillas. Lets get started!
The easiest way to make this dish is with a food processor. A blender or an immersion blender will do just fine, but might take longer to puree the chickpeas. The fastest way is off course taking chickpeas from a can. If you have dried chickpeas you need to put them in water over night and remove the skin. You also need to cook them to soften the chickpeas so more so they blend to a smooth paste.
Beside the chickpeas you need one or two gloves of garlic, fresh lemon juice, Tahini paste, olive oil, water if the hummus is too thick and salt and pepper to taste. Keep 10 to 15 chickpeas aside for decorative purposes.
Step 1: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 1 can of chickpeas (about 250 grams)
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1½-2 tablespoons of Tahini paste
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2-5 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika powder for garnish
- Dried parsley for garnish
- 2 corn tortillas (store bought or homemade, see instructable)
Step 2: Instructions
- Drain the can of chickpeas and keep 10-15 chickpeas aside.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice and Tahini paste into the food processor and start blending.
- After about 2 minutes add half of the olive oil and again blend for about 2 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the oil and blend.
- If the hummus is too thick add two tbsp of water and blend.
- Check the consistency and if needed repeat adding two tbsp of water and blend.
- Sprinkle some paprika powder and dried parsley for garnish. Add the chickpeas.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the hummus.
- Set hummus aside.
- Warm a pan.
- Dampen the tortillas with water and carve them with a knife in wedge like shape. Do not yet cut them through and through.
- Warm the first tortilla in the pan. Turn regularly until warm
- Take out of the pan and cut into wedges
- Serve immediately.
Step 3: Notes
If you use dried chickpeas use about 125 grams and add water. Overnight they will double in size and weight.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some questions or suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
Step 4: Watch the One Minute Video
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.