Step 1: Lay Out All of the Supplies Needed.
• Nutter Butter (1 package: approximately 32 cookies)
• Fruit Roll-ups: a variety of colors work the best (1 box: 10 – 0.5 oz rolls)
• Pull and Peel Twizzlers (1 bag: 14oz)
• Mini M&Ms: can also be substituted with large sprinkles (1 bag: 12.0 oz)
• Frosting: any flavor will work (1 container: 16 oz)
- Small cutting surface; could use a table, plate, or cutting board
(Total cost comes to approximately $13.00 for all supplies; per flip-flop comes to approximately $0.40 with some supplies remaining like frosting, Mini M&Ms, and Twizzlers to possibly make even more Flavorful Fun Flip-Flops.)
Step 2: Constructing the Flip-flop
Place a Fruit Roll-up on the cutting surface with the Fruit Roll-up still lying on the plastic wrapping and lay a Nutter Butter on top of the Fruit Roll-up. Use a knife and cut around the Nutter Butter to get the same shape on the Fruit Roll-up.
The cut out Fruit Roll-up will serve as the top of the flip-flop and make the flip-flop colorful.
*Note: If you are making many flip-flops try to cut as close to the edge of the Nutter Butter as possible to get as many Nutter Butter shapes to fit on one Fruit Roll-up.
Warning: When using a knife be very careful so you don’t cut yourself.
Step 3: Applying the "glue"
Frost one side of a Nutter Butter and lay the Fruit Roll-ups shape on the frosted side.
The frosting’s purpose is to serve as a glue to keep the Fruit Roll-up attached to the Nutter Butter.
Step 4: Making the Straps
Step 5: Applying More "glue"
Step 6: Attaching the Straps
Step 7: Decorating the Flip-flops
Place 1 mini M&M on each dab of frosting, if needed add more frosting to allow the M&M to stay on the flip-flop.