Introduction: How to Make Egg Breakfast Cups
Egg breakfast cups are a healthy and convenient breakfast option. You can easily heat them up throughout the week to ease the busy schedule of a college student, parent, and/or professional. This recipe makes 6 breakfast cups using a variety of ingredients that can be intermixed to create a new flavor cup each time.
Step 1: Gather Materials and Ingredients
- Measuring cup (or any bowl of appropriate size) to easily scramble and pour eggs
- Fork to beat eggs
- Knife to cut vegetables/toppings
- Cutting board
- Vegetable oil (spray or liquid), PAM, butter, or other method to grease muffin tin
- I put olive oil on a paper towel and rubbed on muffin tin
- Oven mitts and oven
- Warning: oven will be hot when removing muffin tin at the end so be sure to have oven mitts or another form of protection
Ingredients Needed: (toppings can be interchanged as desired)
- 5-6 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves
- 1/8 cup white onion
- 3-4 red grape tomatoes
- 1/4 of a bell pepper (color doesn't matter)
- 2-3 pieces of broccoli (mostly the head)
- 2 sliced mushrooms (can buy pre-cut in packages at the grocery store)
- 1/8-1/4 cup of shredded cheese of preference (I used Parmesan and Colby Jack)
Step 2: Prepare and Scramble Eggs
Crack and scramble eggs in measuring cup or another bowl that to easily pour into the tins later.
Step 3: Chop and Dice Toppings
- Chop spinach (top right in picture)
- Dice tomatoes (bottom left in picture)
- Finely dice onion (top middle in picture)
- Finely dice bell pepper (top left in picture)
- Cut broccoli into small florets (bottom left in picture)
- Chop mushroom (bottom middle in picture)
- Warning: be careful and take your time when cutting to avoid injury with knife
Note: You re not strictly bound to a certain cut style and size. The above is merely a suggestion on bet cut for taste.
Step 4: Prepare Muffin Tin
Spray/grease muffin tin (I put olive oil on a paper towel then rubbed it into the muffin tins).
Step 5: Fill Muffin Tin With Ingredients
- Place desired mixture of toppings into each tin
- I combined: tomatoes + spinach; bell pepper + onion; tomato + Parmesan; bell pepper + broccoli; broccoli + Colby Jack; Spinach + mushroom
- Add pepper and salt as desired
- Pour already scrambled eggs evenly into each tin
Step 6: Bake, Wait, and Enjoy!
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) for 20 minutes or until set
- Remove pan from oven
- Warning: Pan is hot! Use oven mitts or other form of protection
- Remove egg breakfast cups from muffin tin using a knife or other flat object
- You can individually freeze, refrigerate, and reheate leftovers to eat later
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.