Introduction: How to Make Egg Dosai
Dosai is one of the very famous South Indian delicacy made with fermented batter of Rice and Blackgram lentils. there are many variations of Dosai.
In this instructable, I will explain how to make Egg Dosai
Step 1: Ingredients
The ingredients mentioned here are for making one Dosai.Please adjust the ingredients as per your requirement
- One cup of Dosai Batter
- One Egg
- One medium sized onion
- One Green chili
- One Tomato
Step 2: Prepare Ingredients
- Chop Onion, Tomato and green chilli into very fine pieces and keep aside
Step 3: Pour Dosai
- Heat a Dosai making pan over medium heat
- Mix the Dosai batter well before pouring
- Sprinkle little water on the pan to see whether it is heated or not.
- Once the pan is heated, pour a cup of batter and spread it thinly to a round shape over the pan
- Add little oil on the sides and cover with a lid for about few seconds. This will make the top layer little steamed for spreading egg
Step 4: Break and Spread Egg
- Break one egg and pour over the partially cooked Dosai
- Using a ladle, spread the raw egg evenly on top
Step 5: Add Other Ingredients
- Spread chopped onions, green chilli and tomato pieces over the egg layer
- Sprinkle little salt over the egg layer
- Cover the Dosai with a lid once again and allow it to cook fully
Step 6: Serve Hot
- Open the lid and check.
- If the egg layer is properly cooked with trapped steam inside the lid, put off flame.
- Using a Dosai flipper remove the Egg Dosai from the pan and serve hot
No sides are required with Egg Dosai, but you can use coconut chutney if you like
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.