Step 9: Place the Fortune on the Cookie
CAUTION - COOKIES WILL BE HOT. WEAR GLOVES or you will get BURNED if you are too slow.
1) Using the spatula, remove the cookie from the cookie sheet
2) Place the fortune in the center of the cookie
3) Fold two edges of the cookie into the center.
4) Fold over the edge of a cup, with the back down, to give the cookie its distinct shape
5) Place in a muffin tin or other container so the cookie will retain its shape while cooling
6) Allow to cool completely. (15-30 minutes)
If it is humid, the cookies may still be too soft even after cooling. If so, leave in a warm, dry place overnight.