Introduction: How to Make Garlic Stew
Garlic stew is one of the tasty and simple stew to make with garlic as the main ingredient. This stew can be stored for two to three days. By reheating once or twice in a day without adding any water, the stew thickens with increased taste.
Step 1: Ingredients
- One cup of Garlic
- A lemon sized piece of Tamarind
- Two Tomatoes
- One tablespoon of Fenugreek seeds
- One tablespoon of Cumin seeds
- Bunch of Curry leaves
- Two tablespoon of Gingelly Oil
- Eight to ten large pieces of Small Onions (Shallots)
- Three to four Green chilies
- Salt to taste
- One and half teaspoon of Coriander Powder
- One teaspoon of Red chili Powder
- One teaspoon of Cumin seed powder
- Half a teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- Half a teaspoon of Asafoetida Powder
Step 2: Make Tamarind Paste
- Put the tamarind piece in half a cup of warm water
- Squeeze the tamarind with your fingers to make the paste
- Using a strainer with medium sized holes, filter out the paste and discard the remains.
Step 3: Preparation of Other Ingredients
- Shuck Garlic and cut each clove in to halves
- Remove dry skin from the small onions and cut them into pieces
- Chop tomatoes into pieces
- Split the green chilies in half
Keep all these ingredients aside
Step 4: Preparation Step - 1
- Heat the Gingelly oil in a frying pan and add the curry leaves in oil
- Then add Fenugreek seeds and Cumin seeds to the oil
- Once the Fenugreek and Cumin seeds are fried add the chopped onions to the pan
Step 5: Preparation Step - 2
- Once the onions are fried to a golden brown, add the Garlic pieces and chopped tomato pieces
- Cook till raw smell disappears from garlic
- Add all the spice powders and mix well
- Add the tamarind paste to the pan. You can add a little bit of water if the paste is too thick
Step 6: Simmer the Stew
- Close the pan with a lid a simmer the stew for about five minutes
- remove the pan from the stove and transfer stew to a serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves
Enjoy the stew with Rice or Chapati. You can use it with Idli and Dosa also.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.