Introduction: How to Make Green Tomato Salsa
Time: 45 minutes
Processing time: 15 minutes
12 cups green tomatoes, chopped
2-green bell peppers, chopped
2-yellow or red sweet peppers, chopped
*5-6 hot peppers, optional
1.5 cups white vinegar
1 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon oregano
2 teaspoons pepper
1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper *optional
Makes 12- 16oz. jars
Step 1: Chop
1. Collect your produce and ingredients.
2. Using a food processor, Chop onions, tomatoes and peppers.
3. In a large pan add all ingredients.
4. Mix well.
Step 2: Simmer
1. Simmer salsa on low/med heat for 30 minutes. Stir well.
2. Once the salsa is done, Ladle into prepared jars.
3. Place on lids and bands. Jars are ready to be processed.
*While this was simmering, I collected the jars and started the canning bath.
Step 3: Can
1.Process in a hot boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
2. Remove from water and allow to cool.
3. Store, up to a year.
*I use mine for salsa, recipes and holiday gifts!