Introduction: How to Make Gummy Tomato Ketchup Bottle
This is a fun recipe for how to make a tomato ketchup shaped gummy jelly pudding, but don't worry it tastes of strawberry rather than tomato ketchup!
Step 1: Watch the Video!
Step 2: Ingredients & Tools
- 330ml bottle of tomato ketchup
- 550ml cold water
- 1 x 23g packet of sugar free strawberry jelly powder
- 3 x 12g packets of gelatine powder
- Junior hacksaw
- Waterproof tape
Step 3: Empty the Tomato Ketchup Bottle
The first step is to empty the ketchup bottle.
- Use a hair dryer to loosen the ketchup bottle's labels
- Peel off the labels and keep them for later
- Remove the bottle lid and keep it for later
- Empty the ketchup bottle into a storage container
- Wash the ketchup bottle thoroughly
Step 4: Cut Open the Ketchup Bottle
The next step is to cut open the ketchup bottle along its seams, leaving the bottom of the bottle attached.
- Locate the side seams on the ketchup bottle
- Using a hacksaw cut through the screw thread on both sides of the bottle
- Using scissors cut along the seams to the base
Step 5: Tape the Ketchup Bottle
Next temporarily tape the bottle together using waterproof tape.
- Tape along each seam
- Tape around the top
- Tape around the bottom
Step 6: Make the Gummy Jelly
- Add 550ml of cold water to a pan
- Sprinkle a packet of Strawberry Jelly powder into the pan
- Sprinkle three packets of gelatine into the pan
- Leave the pan to sit for 5 minutes
- Turn the heat on low
- Stir gently until the mixture is dissolved
Step 7: Pour Jelly Into the Ketchup Mould
- Pour the jelly into the ketchup bottle mould
- Remove any bubbles from the top of the bottle with a spoon
- Place the mould into a jug filled with water to help it cool
- Top up the mould
- Refrigerate overnight
Step 8: Remove Jelly From the Ketchup Mould
When the jelly mixture has set
- Remove the tape from the ketchup mould
- Carefully pull apart the seams of the mould
- Pull the jelly out of the mould
Step 9: Attach Labels to the Gummy Ketchup
Attach the labels and the lid.