Introduction: How to Make Hard Candy for the Holidays
Time: A few hours
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup water
2/3 cup light corn syrup
2 teaspoons flavoring (lemon, rum, root beer, orange, etc.)
powdered sugar to coat candy
Follow us on etsy and Instagram @pinehillsfarm
Step 1: Bring to a Boil
1. In a sauce pan mix, corn syrup, sugar and water.
2. Bring to a boil over med to high heat. Reaching a temp of 260 degrees Fahrenheit with the candy thermometer.
Step 2: Add Flavoring and Food Coloring
1. Once Candy mixture has reached 260 degrees Fahrenheit, add flavoring and food coloring.
2. Mix well and let mixture continue to cook on stove until it reaches 300 degrees Fahrenheit.....very important. it must reach the temperature or it will not harden.
Step 3: Pour and Cool
1. Once mixture reaches 300 degrees Fahrenheit remove from heat.
2. Pour into large cookie sheet.
3. Let Cool.
Step 4: Crack and Coat
1. Once Candy has cooled/hardened, break into pieces. I just bent the pan and it started to crack.
2. Generosity sprinkle powdered sugar over candy. Break into smaller pieces.
Step 5: Give As a Gift
1. Easy to put in a mason jar or Holiday bag to give as a treat!
2. I sprayed painted the lids of a few mason jars that I collected.
3. Place candy in the jars and place lid on top.
4. Cut fabric into a square and place on top of mason jars.
5. Tie with twine and add a gift tag or label with candy flavors.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.