2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup water
2/3 cup light corn syrup
2 teaspoons flavoring (lemon, rum, root beer, orange, etc.)
powdered sugar to coat candy
Follow us on etsy and Instagram @pinehillsfarm
Step 1: Bring to a Boil
2. Bring to a boil over med to high heat. Reaching a temp of 260 degrees Fahrenheit with the candy thermometer.
Step 2: Add Flavoring and Food Coloring
2. Mix well and let mixture continue to cook on stove until it reaches 300 degrees Fahrenheit.....very important. it must reach the temperature or it will not harden.
Step 3: Pour and Cool
2. Pour into large cookie sheet.
3. Let Cool.
Step 4: Crack and Coat
2. Generosity sprinkle powdered sugar over candy. Break into smaller pieces.
Step 5: Give As a Gift
2. I sprayed painted the lids of a few mason jars that I collected.
3. Place candy in the jars and place lid on top.
4. Cut fabric into a square and place on top of mason jars.
5. Tie with twine and add a gift tag or label with candy flavors.