Corn tortillas are a very popular dish in Mexico. They are delicious, easy to prepare and go great with soups, rice, beans, and salsa. You can also use them to prepare authentic Mexican dishes such as tacos and enchiladas. This recipe yields about 10-12 tortillas and takes about 20 minutes.
Step 1: You Will Need:
• 2 cups of masa harina. This can be found at any supermarket or Latin market. I suggest getting the “Masteca” brand.
• 1-1/4 cups of warm water
• A medium sized bowl
• 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Each piece should be big enough to fit around the tortilla press
• A tortilla press. This can also be found at any Latin market. They are typically made of cast iron or aluminum.
• A non-stick skillet or griddle
• Electric mixer (optional)
• 2 Moist towels