Introduction: How to Make Jalapeño Beef Big Plate Nachos
In this instructable I will show you how to make Jalapeño beef big plate nachos. These nachos are a great party food for a game night, ultra dance fest or kids birthday party. But they are also delicious for dinner with some rice or french fries.
The main ingredients are tortilla chips, ground beef, onion, garlic, bell peppers, tomato purée, Jalapeño peppers, cheese, salsa and guacamole. You can use store-bought tortilla chips or make them fresh by following my previous instructable. Instead of beef you can also use shredded chicken or vegan tempeh meat.
To make the Jalapeño beef big plate nachos, you start with browning the ground beef. Then you add the other ingredients to let is simmer until the beef is nice and soft.
Warm the tortilla chips and load the beef mixture on top of the tortilla chips. Add tablespoons of roasted tomato salsa on the beef and repeat with the guacamole. Nachos should naturally be covered in cheese, loads and loads of cheese. I used vegan cheese, but you can also try hard shredded Mozzarella or grated Grana Padano. Thats it, the plate is ready to serve.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the Jalapeño beef big plate nachos? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 1 cup of smooth spicy roasted tomato salsa. You can use store-bought or homemade (see instructable)
- 1 cup of guacamole. You can use store-bought or homemade (see instructable)
- 200 g ground beef
- 1 cup of vegan cheese
- 1 bowl of tortilla chips.. You can use store-bought or homemade (see instructable)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- ½ bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ cup tomato purée
- 1 finely sliced Jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup of water
Step 3: Instructions
- Heat a pan
- Brown the beef
- Add onion, garlic and bell peppers. Stir through constantly until onion and bell peppers are soft
- Add the tomato purée and keep stirring
- Now add the sliced Jalapeño peppers and stir before adding water
- Let it simmer for 15 minutes
- Put tortilla chips on a plate
- Take beef mixture from the heat and spread on top of the nacho chips
- Cover with salsa, guacamole and (vegan) cheese
- Ready to serve
Step 4: Notes
Instead of vegan cheese you can also use some other type of cheese like hard shredded Mozzarella or grated Grana Padano.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.