Introduction: How to Make LED ICE SKATE
I put neopixel LEDs on my ice skate. Everytime the microphone which is connected with Arduino board hears any noisy sound, it sends various signal to leds. It is easy to make even for beginners. I shared codes and instructions. Let’s try it together!
Step 1: Preparing Parts
[ Parts and Tools ]
- 1 x 5v usb battery https://goo.gl/8HqbEW
- 1 x "AAA x 4" battery holder https://goo.gl/Zx98Y8
- 1 x Arduino Nano (with cable) https://goo.gl/3ky4yn
- 1 x Microphone Sensor https://goo.gl/ziMA1d
- 1 x Remote Controller For WS2812B https://goo.gl/2kQdwq
- 1 x WS2812B LED Stip 60/M https://goo.gl/1Y4qKr
[ Tools ]
- Wire Nipper https://goo.gl/L9pQQN
- Wire Stipper https://goo.gl/qKXKwJ
- Hot melt glue gun https://goo.gl/z67NkU
- Screw Driver (+) https://goo.gl/6ojbgb
- Electronic Tape https://goo.gl/fJC7yv
- Soldering Tools(Hakko) https://goo.gl/ojZUkF
- Soldering Hand https://goo.gl/UjNFYm
- Source Code https://github.com/happythingsmaker/LED_ICE_SKATE
- Instruction https://sites.google.com/view/100happythings/11-l...
[About the Maker]
- Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/EunchanPark
Select waterproof product. There are many options to select it. Basically, waterproof is better than normal LED but it could be more expensive. This project will be outside particularly icy environment. I highly recommend waterproof version.
Step 2: Solder the Circuit Like This
Mic Sensor - D2
Neopixel - D3
Step 3: Glue It for Water Resistance
Hot melt glue is always good at insulating. It prevents the parts from wetting(even though it looks not beautiful)
Step 4: Attach It Onto Your Ice Skate
You can attach it by using hot melt but it turned out that it is not strong sticky especially under cold weather. I think I need to find more effective way.
Step 5: Field Test and Play!
I love this color!!
Step 6: Alternative Way
If you don’t want to make by yourselves, you can buy this product. But it is not be customized.
Remote Controller For WS2812B http://ebay.to/2EQnW2b WS2812B LED Stip 60/M http://ebay.to/2ommdLM 5v usb battery http://ebay.to/2sNSzDE
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.