These fondant ladybug cupcake toppers are super easy to make! You also don’t need any special cake modelling tools just the ones you already have in your kitchen.
Visit my blog for more tutorials - www.happyfoodstube.com
Step 2: Tools and Products You Will Need:
Round Cutter 4.5cm/1.8 inch
Fluted Shaped Round Cutter 5.5cm/2.2inch
Chopping Board or a Tray that you won’t need for a day or 2
Icing Sugar/Corn Flour for Dusting
Edible Black Marker (optional)
For 12 ladybug cupcake toppers:
170g/6oz Red Fondant
40g/1.4oz Black Fondant
30g/1oz Green Fondant
Step 3: Method:
1. Start with rolling out red fondant. When rolled out to about 2-3mm cut out circles using the larger scalloped cutter. Place all the cut out circles on a sheet of baking paper. Keep this paper under a tray or a chopping board – this will help you transfer the pieces without moving each of them separately. You will also avoid stretching the fondant.
2. Roll out black fondant and using the smaller round cutter cut out circles.
3. Dip the paint brush in water and wet the red circles. Place the black circles over red ones, making sure they are positioned in the middle.
4. Now roll out green fondant. Cut out circles using the smaller cutter. Use the same cutter to cut out leaf shape out of each circle. You will get 2 leaves out of each circle. Simply use a side of the cutter.
5. With a knife or paint brush end make the veins.
6. You can leave the leaves like that or if you prefer you can shape them a bit. I simply take a bit of green fondant roll it in a ball or sausage and place it under the leaf. Place all your leaves on to the baking paper.
1. Roll a tiny piece of red fondant into roll into a ball, then place onto a surface and slightly roll into a barrel like shape.
2. With the blunt side of your knife, press down to make an dent (half way lengthwise).
3. Roll tiny piece of black fondant into a spaghetti shape (no longer than 0.5cm/0.2inch). Make sure one end is thinner. Insert the fondant into the dent the thinner par on top. Press down to secure the piece. Trim off the excess piece with a knife or cookie cutter.
4. Make a few dots using edible black marker. If you don’t have one, you can just make tiny dots out of fondant.
5. At last roll tiny balls out of black fondant and attach them to the body (use water).
6. Let them dry until the following day (you might need more than a day. It would depend on the humidity level in your house).
7. Once all the pieces are hard – so they hold their shape, put them together. Use water to secure the leaves onto the backgrounds and finally place the tiny ladybugs on the leaves and you are done! Easy ladybug cupcake toppers are ready to be placed on iced cupcakes!
Step 4: Subscibe/Follow Us to Get the Latest Updates:
► Website: www.happyfoodstube.com
► Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/happyfoodstube
► Youtube: www.youtube.com/happyfoodstube
► Google+: https://plus.google.com/+happyfoodstube
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happyfoodstube
► Instagram: http://instagram.com/happyfoodstube
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/happyfoodstube