Introduction: How to Make My Favorite Carrot Cake
In this instructable I will show you how you can make my favorite carrot cake. This carrot cake is sweet and moist and rich and delicious. So, a must try recipe.
I have learned how to make this cake in a Spanish bakery. It does not only contain grated carrots, but also grated apple, rice flour, eggs, brown sugar, coconut oil, baking soda and pecans.
Leave the cake in the oven for about 45-50 minutes but start to check around the 35 minute mark to see if it done yet. You do not want a dry cake. Then take a bite in one of the most delicious cakes you have ever tried.
Let's get started!
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the carot cake? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 140 gram of grated carrots
- 140 gram of grated apple
- 140 gram of rice flour
- 100 ml of apple sauce
- 120 ml of coconut oil
- 115 gram of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ cup of pecan nuts
- icing sugar for decoration
Step 3: Instructions
- Grate the carrots and apple.
- Whisk eggs, coconut oil. Add the carrot, apples and apple sauce.
- Combine rice flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until all the ingredients are mixed properly.
- Pre heat the oven on 370 F.
- Put the mixture in a springform and decorate with finely chopped pecan nuts. Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes. Check at 35 minutes if the cake is dry in the middle with a skewer or large tooth pick.
- Cool and sprinkle some icing sugar on the cake.
Step 4: Notes
If you like you can make some cream cheese frosting to add it on top of your cake.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.