Introduction: How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a recipe for you to follow to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are perfect for any special occasion or to just enjoy!
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Bake Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 cup of softened unsalted butter (Land o Lakes)
- ¾ cup of white sugar (C&H)
- ¾ cup of Golden brown sugar (C&H)
- 2 eggs (Grocery store band)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract (McCormick)
- 3 cups of oats (Quaker Oats)
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour (King Arthur)
- 1 (3.4oz) package of instant vanilla pudding (Jell-o)
- 1 tsp salt (Morton) 1 tsp baking soda (Arm & Hammer)
- 12 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips (Nestle Toll House)
Step 2: Materials
You will also need the following equipment:
- Oven Stand mixer/ or hand mixer (or you can stir by hand)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Two large mixing bowls
- Baking sheets ( 10" x 12" )
- Non-stick spray/or shortening (crisco)
- Oven Mitt
- Cooling rack
Preheat the oven to 375F and grease baking sheets with shortening.
In a large mixing bowl; add butter, white and brown sugar and beat together until creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla extract to the large mixing bowl and beat it until the mixture is fluffy.
In a separate bowl: mix the dry ingredients. This includes flour, oats, vanilla pudding, salt, and baking soda.
To the wet ingredients, slowly add the dry ingredients and stir after each addition until completely combined.
Add the chocolate chips and mix together, be careful not to overmix. Stop when the dough looks uniform throughout.
Take the final mixture and scoop out golf ball-sized dollops on the prepared baking sheets. Try to leave two inches in between each one.
Bake at 375F in the oven on the middle rack for 11 minutes or until golden brown. (It is best to check the cookies about every minute or 2 after the timer has gone off until they are done.)
TIP: You can check the doneness of the cookies by using a toothpick. To do this, poke the toothpick into the baking cookie. If it comes out clean, they are done. If it comes out with dough sticking to the sides, they’re going to need to bake longer.
Take the cookies out of the oven, be careful the pan is hot! Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes out of the oven, then transfer to a cooking rack and wait about 10 minutes before enjoying!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.