Introduction: How to Make Paneer at Home (Cottage Cheese) [In Bengali]
- How to Make Paneer at Home (Cottage Cheese) [In Bengali]
Why spend $16 for 500g of paneer when we can make it at home for just $2-3? The video below is in Bengali, but the written steps should help you follow along.
- Heat milk and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally so that the skin does not form on the surface.
- When the milk becomes to rise, add the lemon juice or vinegar.
- The milk should begin to curdle. if the milk has not yet begun to curdle than add one more teaspoon. the milk should completely curdle. Stir the milk when its curdling so that the curdled milk does not stick to the base of the pan.
- Immediately in a muslin, cheesecloth or cotton kitchen napkin drain the curdled milk.
- Bring the muslin or napkin together. whilst doing so you will also squeeze the curdled milk. take a plate and keep the muslin with the curdled milk on it. Place a heavy weight on top of it. I have used my stone mortar.
- After 30-40 minutes the paneer will be ready. Open the cheesecloth or muslin. you will see a beautiful block of cottage cheese all set.
- Chop paneer into any shapes or sizes you want.