There are a lot of things that you can do wrong.
This instructable is to get you going and to help you avoid some common mistakes.
Here is what you will need:
1 medium soup pot - half full of water
2 bags of Bun -Rice Vermicelli (noodles)
A collander for straining
1 pair of Chopsticks
A clean sink with open drain!
- To get started, fill a medium sized pot half way with water and place on the stove on high heat. Bring to the boil.
- While the water is coming to the boil, be sure that your sink, its trap and disposal are clean so that water will drain without obstruction. A sink with too much in the disposal may cause the water will raise to the bottom of the collander and touch the noodles. We want to avoid this.
- Once the water is boiling - add bun. Make sure the bun is covered by the water.
- Make sure that the bun is covered by water and wait for it to return to the boil - DO NOT STIR OR COVER!
- Once the water returns to the boil, gently stir or swirl bun with a couple of quick strokes.
- The bun should only boil for about 2-2.5 minutes after the water has once again reached boiling.
- Try a noodle to see that it is cooked through. (Not too soft and not au dente)
- Place collander in clean sink with cold water running.
- Pour out hot water first.
- Strain the bun and wash gently, turning with chopsticks while running cold water - making sure that you are reaching the middle and the bottom to completely stop the cooking.
- Once cooled, place the collander inside pot it was boiled to rest 10-15 minutes before serving!