Introduction: How to Make Pork Belly Porchetta?
Cook your own version of Porchetta in an easy way!
Step 1: Ingredients
10-12 pounds of pork belly, skin on
2 tablespoons kosher salt
6 garlic cloves, grated or mashed to a paste
1/2 cup chopped fennel seeds
1/2 cup chopped fresh spring rosemary, leaves removed
2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 ½ teaspoon of thyme
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Step 2: Directions
- First place the pork belly skin side down and scoring it with a sharp blade and season it with salt.
Step 3: Mix the Ingredients
- In a mortar and pestle mix fennel seeds, freshspring rosemary, garlic, lemon, red and black pepper. Add oil. Mash it until it become sticky. Rub all over the pork. Put it in large bowl and refrigerate it overnight.
Step 4: Cook It
- Make sure to remove the meat 1 to 2 hours from the refrigerator before cooking. Heat oven to 450degrees. Place the pork to a baking sheet and roast it for about 35 to 40 minutes. Set the temperature to 325 degrees and cook it in additional 2 ½ hours to 4 hours. Insert the thermometer and check if the thickest part of the meat reads 180 degrees. This will give you the best texture and taste of the meat.
Step 5: Serve
- Transfer the porchettas and let them cool for 30 minutes. Slice it and serve it with some roast potatoes and vegetables.
Step 6: Enjoy Porchettas
- You can enjoy your own version of Porchettas in simple and easy ways. There are lots of hk food blog that feature lots of recipes for you to enjoy. But if you’re always in a rush because of your busy schedule, you can still indulge yourself in this delicious cuisine by having a hong kong restaurant reservation. There are lots of seafood and meat house that can pacify your cravings. Visit http://www.fishandmeat.hk/menu/ for more exciting menu.