Introduction: How to Make Ramen From Scratch (easy)
Introduction: The process of making Ramen is considered a form of craft in Japan.
It requires years of practice to master the process of making Ramen. My recipe makes the process easier yet delicious. This recipe is easy because most of the ingredients are readily available. However, you may need to buy one or two ingredients from the store. Always keep in mind a good Ramen takes patience and precision.
Disclaimer: This not an authentic Japanese Ramen but my own take on the recipe.
Credits: I will list the recipes that I used as a reference. You may want to try out these recipes if you enjoy mine.
Ramen Recipe: Cook with a Professional Chef!’ by Tomoharu Shono
Serving size: 4-6 people
For the meat:
· [AL1] 1-2lbs pork cutlet/belly, chicken thigh or stew beef
· 3.5 tbsp of ginger
· 1/2 onion
· 3.5 tbsp garlic
· 2 cups Soy Sauce and ½ cupl Water or 1 3/4 cup Mr Yoshida's Original Gourmet Marinade & Cooking Sauce and 1/2 cup Lee Kum Kee Chicken Marinade (To obtain this two ingredient you may have to go an international market)
· Optional: Chili sauce or 1 habanero pepper
For the soup:
· 4 cups of water
· 1 tsp of vegetable oil
· 1 green onion
· 1 cup chicken broth/stock or 1 cube of chicken bouillon
· 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
· 1/2 inch of ginger
· Salt and pepper
· Add desired vegetables. I prefer cauliflower, kale, carrots and spinach
· Optional chili or chili powder
Rest of the ingredients:
· 2 instant Ramen noodles and throw out the packet flavoring
· 2 boiled eggs
Step 1: Cooking the Meat
1. Add the meat
2. 2 cups of Soy Sauce
3. ½ cup of Water,
4. Grate the ginger
5. Mince the garlic with a knife. Mincing is to cut into very fine, even pieces using a sharp knife.
6. Cut the serrano [AL1] pepper into small chunks
7. Chopped the onion into small chunks
8. Add all the ingredients above in a pot
9. Set the heat to low and let it sit for an hour
Step 2: Cooking the Soup:
1. In a pot add 500ml of water
3. 1 green onion chopped
4. 1 cube of chicken bouillon
5. Chili powder
6. Mince the garlic with a knife
7. Grate the ginger
8. Cut broccoli, cauliflower, and lettuce into desired pieces. No matter how you cut them they will become soft
9. Add salt and pepper to taste
10. Set the heat to low and let it sit for an hour
Warning: Just a pinch of salt.
Step 3: Boiling the Egg:
1. Heat up water in a pot and wait for it to boil
2. Once it’s boiling add in the eggs and wait for 6-8mins
3. Remove the eggs from the boiled water and submerge them in cold water
4. Peel the eggs
5. Cut them in half
Step 4: Making the Ramen: (Do This Step at the End)
1. While the meat and the soup is cooking, 10 minutes before they are done start making the ramen
2. Add water and the instant ramen noodles in a pot
Step 5: Presentation:
1. Scoop the meat and the sauce and place in a bowl
2. Scoop the soup and place it on top of the meat and the sauce
3. Add the ramen and add the halved eggs on top of the ramen
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.