Introduction: How to Make Smooth Spicy Roasted Tomato Salsa
In this instructable I will show you how to make a smooth spicy roasted tomato salsa. If you like to add a little kick to your tortilla dish than this is the salsa for your. You can eat is for example with pulled chicken tortillas (see instructable) oven baked tortilla chips (see instructable), veggie frenzy tacos (see instructable) or quesadillas (see instructable)
For this recipe I choose cherry tomatoes because they are full of juice and have a natural sweet taste. However if you like tomatoes on the vine, roma tomatoes or plum tomatoes you can use them as well. This recipe doesn’t require a lot of work. Some slicing and dicing and the oven will then do the heavy lifting for you.
A full instruction and printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
Step 1: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- Cherry tomatoes (or another type of tomato if you like)
- 1 Spring onion
- 2 gloves of garlic
- ½ medium onion chives
- ½ tbps lime juice
- ½ red peppersalt
Step 2: Instructions
- Put oven on broil.
- Half the (cherry) tomatoes and put them cut side up on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle the half tomatoes with salt.
- Cut the onion in thick slices.
- Half the chili pepper.
- Put the onion, pepper, garlic gloves and spring onion on the tray as well.
- Roast the vegetables for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Turn the garlic and chili pepper after 10 minutes.
- Let the ingredients cool down slightly.
- Remove stem and the seeds from the red chili pepper.
- Put all the vegetables in the blender.
- Add ½ tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Add ½ tablespoon of (coconut) sugar
- Blend thoroughly and you are done
Step 3: Notes
If the salsa is to thick you can add some water.
If you want to make the salsa in advance you can keep it in the refrigerator up to 2 or 3 days. I like to eat the salsa as fresh as possible so make it on the day. It does well in the freezer so you can make a big batch and store.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.