Introduction: How to Make Spaghetti With Lemon Pepper Marinara Sauce
The purpose of this Instructable is to describe how to make spaghetti with Lemon Pepper Marinara Sauce. This type of spaghetti is quick and easy to produce, making more time available in your day. Freeing up time is important in a world that is increasingly fast paced and busy. This recipe is also easy to prepare, someone who has little cooking ability will be able to follow this recipe and be successful. For the beginner cook, this recipe will take around 30 minutes to complete. Good luck with your cooking!
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
1. Collect All Ingredients
You will need:
- 1 Box of Spaghetti Noodles
- 1 6oz can of tomato paste
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Large Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
Step 2: Prepare Spaghetti Noodles
1. Fill 1 large pan 2/3 full of water.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the water.
3. Put pan on heat on highest setting available.
WARNING: BE SURE TO KEEP HANDS AND ARMS AWAY FROM BURNER. IT WILL BECOME VERY HOT AND CAUSE INJURY.
4. Leave water to allow boiling to happen.
WARNING: THE WATER MAY SPLASH OUT AT YOU. AVOID THIS WATER TO REDUCE RISK OF INJURY.
5. Slowly add noodles (Figure 4).
WARNING: ADDING NOODLES TOO QUICKLY CAN CAUSE WATER TO SPLASH OUT.
6. Lower heat to medium.
7. Leave noodles to cook, stirring occasionally.
Note: You will know the noodles are done when they are soft, but not too mushy (You can just make these to taste if you would like).
Note: While the noodles are cooking, it is helpful to start prepping sauce.
8. Drain noodles and set aside until sauce is done.
Note: To prevent sticking, add water to the bottom of pan.
Step 3: Prep Lemon Pepper Tomato Sauce
1. Heat a pan over medium heat.
2. Spread olive oil around the bottom of a pan (Figure 5).
Note: It is necessary to completely coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Mince 5 cloves of garlic and add to pan (Figure 6).
4. Dice onion and add to pan (Figure 7).
5. Cook the onion and cloves until slightly browned.
Note: The onions will begin to look very soft when done.
6. Dice tomatoes and add to pan (Figure 8).
Note: Make sure to add juice from tomatoes as well.
7. Let mixture cook.
Note: The tomatoes should begin to look very soft.
8. Add can of tomato paste (Figure 9).
Note: For each can of tomato paste used, add two cans of water (you can use the same can the paste was in).
9. Mix until tomato paste is entirely incorporated into sauce (Figure 10).
Note: To avoid spilling, stir slowly.
10. Add each of dry ingredients (Figure 11).
Note: Make sure to mix enough to spread throughout pan.
Step 4: Combine Spaghetti and Sauce
1. Add half of sauce to spaghetti and mix (Figure 12).
Note: Mixing half the sauce is necessary to make sure that all the spaghetti is covered.
2. Add the other half and mix well.
Step 5: Add Finishing Touches
1. Separate pasta out into individual helpings
2. Add any ingredients or toppings that are wanted.
Note: In this recipe, I did not include any toppings at the end, but parmesan or mozzarella cheese are commonly used and go well with this type of pasta!
Step 6: Spaghetti Is Finished!!
Congratulations! You just finished making your own Lemon Pepper Spaghetti! At this point, you have completed all the steps and can enjoy! Your pasta should look like Figure 14! You can refrigerate or freeze this pasta for about a week after prep to enjoy anytime you need a quick meal! This recipe can be modified to fit your personal preferences in the future as well! If you find the noodles to be too dry, cooking the sauce on lower temperatures can help!
Hope you enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.