Introduction: How to Make Tasty Chicken Dum Biryani!
I wanted to share with you a recipe on how to make Chicken Dum Biryani in a much simpler and an easier method!
This is one of the way we make at Home and it's better than any other kind of Biryani!
For better understanding watch the video i have embedded.
Step 1: Ingredients for Aromatic Biryani Spice
So here's the list :
- Kapok Buds (Marathi Moggu)
- Star Anise
- Black Stone Flower
- Methi Seeds
Roast all the above ingredients for 2 mins and Grind the spices into fine powder.
Step 2: Marination
Items Required for Marination :
- Chicken 1 Kg.
- Chilli powder 4-5 tsp.
- 1 Egg.
- turmeric powder 1/4th tsp.
- Danya powder (Freshly ground) 2 tsp.
- Rock Salt 2 tsp.
- Coriander Leaves 1 small cup.
- Green Chillies 9 pcs.
- Add the Ground spices to the chicken 3-4 tsp.
- Ginger Garlic paste 5-6 tsp.
- 2 Laddles of sunflower oil.
- Squeeze half a lemon.
- Add a cup of Curd.
Mix thoroughly and keep them aside for Marination for about 1-2 hrs.
Step 3: Boiling Rice / Fried Onions
- Cut and slice 5 onions lengthwise using a Potato Shredder.
- Fry it in the oil till it looks Crispy Gold in color (Make sure you don't burn.)
For Rice :
- Boil Water in a big vessel for 1 kg Rice.
- Add Bay leaves.
- Crush cardamoms 9 pcs add to the boiling water.
- Cinnamon stick 1 pc.
- 5-6 Cloves.
- Rock Salt 4 tsp.
- Add Basmati Rice 1 kg.
- Strain the Rice when it's half cooked.
- Divide the rice into two separate vessels.
- Add Ghee 3 tsp. (For both vessels separately)
- Squeeze half lemon. (For both vessels separately)
- Kewra Water 1 tbsp. (For both vessels separately)
Step 4: Final Process
- Onions 2-3 chopped lengthwise.
- Tomatoes 2 lengthwise.
- Chilly powder 2 tsp.
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Oil 2 Laddles.
- Cinnamon sticks 2.
- Bay Leaves 2.
- Pudina 1 cup.
- Milk Half cup.
Take a big heavy bottomed aluminium vessel, add 2 tsp of ghee and 2 ladles of oil 2 cinnamon sticks and 2 bay leaves.
- Add onion and fry it upto 7 mins. (High flame)
- Add cinnamon 2 and Bay leaves 2 to the Oil.
- Add Chilly powder fry it for a min.
- Add Tomatoes.
- Add Salt fry it all together for 2 mins.
- Add the Marinated Chicken and fry it for 10 -15 mins in high flame.
- Reduce the Flame and keep it in simmer.
- Divide the fried onions into 3 parts.
- Sprinkle the first part of onions on the Chicken.
- Add the First Layer of Rice.
- Pour 1/4 cup of Milk.
- Add 2nd Portion of fried Onions.
- Add Pudina (Mint leaves) and 1 tsp oil ( from fried onion's leftover)
- Layer the remaining Rice and Repeat the process.
- Place an Iron Tava on the stove and place the Biryani vessel over it.
- Cover it with a Lid with no Gaps.
- Keep a heavy Object over the Lid.
- Keep in Simmer for About 40 mins.
Your Tasty Mouthwatering Biryani's Ready!