Introduction: How to Make Tortilla Huevos Rancheros
In this instructable I will show you how you can make tortilla huevos rancheros. Huevos rancheros is a Mexican breakfast recipe made with tortillas and eggs. Instead of breakfast you can also eat it at brunch or lunch.
I like to make small huevos rancheros by using a mini cast iron skillet. If you do not have a mini skillet you can off course use a larger skillet as well. Depending on the skillet size take a medium or large tortilla and double the recipe. The outcome will be the same and very delicious.
Beside tortillas and eggs, you need the following ingredients: onion, sun-dried or cherry tomatoes or both, kidney beans, vegetable oil, Serrano ham and dried parsley.
Bake the tomatoes, onion and kidney beans in a pan. Push a small tortilla in the mini cast iron skillet. Put two slices of ham on the the tortilla. Add half of the kidney bean mixture on the tortilla. Repeat with the second mini cast iron skillet. Leave some room in the middle before you crack an egg on top of the bean mixture.
Put the skillets in the oven at 420 ℉/200℃ for about 15 to 18 minutes depending on how well done you like the egg. Serve immediately.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the tortilla huevos rancheros? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
- 2 soft small tortillas
- ½ onion
- 1 cup sun-dried or cherry tomatoes
- 60 gram kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 slices of Serrano ham
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
Step 3: Instructions
- Pre-heat oven at 420 ℉/200℃.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small pan.
- Pan fry the tomatoes, onion and kidney beans in a pan until soft. Add some parsley.
- Push a small tortilla in a mini cast iron skillet. Put two slices of Serrano ham on the tortilla.
- Add half of the kidney bean mixture on the tortilla.
- Repeat with the second mini cast iron skillet.
- Leave some room in the middle before you crack an egg on top of the bean mixture.
- In the oven for about 15 to 18 minutes depending on how well done you like the egg.
- Serve immediately.
Step 4: Notes
You can use your favorite ingredients. So you can use Chorizo, bell pepper or black beans. Add some chili pepper powder if you like your huevos ranchos spicy.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortilla Channel.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.