The USB Killer is a testing device created to test USB ports against power surge attacks. The USB Killer 2.0 tests your device's resistance against this attack. You can buy it for around 55$ Which is really expensive considering a very little amount of technology it has .
After some random experiments i realized same usb killer can be made with 3$ USB Ionizers So Let's See How To Make USB Killer
PLEASE NOTE : USB KILLER DEALS WITH HIGH VOLTAGE ,IF NOT HANDLED PROPERLY CAN CAUSE YOU OR YOUR ELECTRONICS DAMAGE ,PLEASE USE IT CAREFULLY AT YOUR OWN RISK !
Step 1: So How USB Killer Destroy Computers ?
The USB Kill collects power from the USB power lines (5V, 1 - 3A) until it reaches ~ -200V, upon which it discharges the stored voltage into the USB data lines.
This charge / discharge cycle is very rapid and happens multiple times per second. The process of rapid discharging will continue while the device is plugged in, or the device can no longer discharge - that is, the circuit in the host machine is broken.
The USB Kill Tester Shield is a dual purpose device:
- It allows you to test your USB Kill 2.0 without damaging your host device. - It prevents data theft via 'juice-jacking' If you use a charger or USB port that is not your own - the device can steal your data while you are charging. Using a USB Kill Shield will prevent devices from having access to your data.
Over 95% of devices are easily affected by a USB power surge attack. Almost all consumer-level hardware fails when tested against the USB Kill. The most frequent outcome is the complete destruction of the device (laptops, tv, smartphones, etc). Almost all consumer-level hardware fails when tested against the USB Kill.
Hardware designers of public machines should have a USB Kill to test their products: photo booths, copy machines, airline entertainment systems, ticket terminals, etc - anything with exposed USB ports should ensure that their systems resist electrical attacks. Likewise, consumer hardware designers cell phones, laptops, televisions, portable devices - should protect their devices against malicious attacks. Security auditors and penetration testers should also have a USB Kill 2.0 in their arsenal of tools. Finally, the general public, or anyone who wants to test or kill their own devices should equip themselves.
# What Is USB Killer ?
# Testing USB Killer on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Step 2: Crack It Open !
1. Buy This USB Ionizer http://geni.us/8Woe
2. Open White The Holding Clip & Silver Side clips With a Screwdriver , i recomend to watch the video so you don't break these small clips
# How To Make USB Killer
Step 3: A Small Modification !
The Ionizer circuit looks like this ,
1.So first remove the output wire by desoldering it .
2.Connect a wire at the nearest capacitor located onto the output of the ionizer circuit ( as shown in picture 3) . so that we will get maximum possible amount of current through our circuit .
3.Now solder this wire to the data -ve of the usb port (as shown in picture 4) , After this step this USB stick will work like a USB Killer So Be Careful Don't Plug-in Unless You Sure .
4.If you want to furthur increase the power of the killer you can modify builtin NPN transistor with Higher power rated one . ( Shown in last picture)
Step 4: How to Make USB Killer Tester
1. Take USB Male & Female Port Connect Their 5v and Ground with each other .
2. Now install a (MOV) Metal Oxide Varistor in parellel to 5v and ground.
3. Now Short the data lines of feamale USB Port with bit of soldering .
4. Connect one wire to those shorted data lines and other wire to the ground .
Your DIY USB Killer Tester is ready to use , you can use some heat-shrink tubing to cover it up nicely !
Step 5: What You Can't Do With USB Killer !
DO Not Plug in to any USB Device , or it will destroy it
instead what you can do is to watch me doing it for you !
You can Meet me at