Introduction: How to Make Vegan Lentils Nachos
In this instructable I will show you how you can make vegan lentils nachos. These nachos are great as a snack or a starter, or for lunch.
To make this nachos dish you need good tasting tortilla chips. You can make them yourself by following my previous instructable or buy low fat ones in the store. As a minced meat replacement I use lentils in this recipe. What is so nice about lentils is that they have a great bite and look very similar to minced meat.
On top of the nachos and lentils I add tomato salsa, guacamole and a nacho dip. You can use store bought salsa and guacamole or homemade salsa (see instructable) and guacamole (see instuctable). The nacho dip is made with the following ingredients: boiled potatoes, boiled carrots, nutritional yeast, tomato paste, arrowroot starch, garlic powder, jalapeño. Put all of these ingredienst in a powerful blender and start a low speed. The blender needs a little time to combine all the ingredients to turn it into a smooth sauce. Make sure the potatoes and carrots are warm this will make it easier for the ingredients to combine.
This recipe takes only a couple of minutes to prepare especially if you have the salsa, guacamole and nachos dip made ahead of time.
Step 1: Watch the One Minute Video
Want to see how to make the lentils nachos? Watch the 1-minute food inspiration video.
Step 2: What Do You Need to Make This Recipe
To make the nachos for 2 persons you need:
- ½ bag of tortilla chips
- cup of roasted spicy tomato
- salsa 1 cup of guacamole
- 1 cup of lentils
- 1 cup of nacho dip
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped for decoration
To make the nacho dip you need:
- 1 cup of boiled diced potatoes
- ½ cup of boiled carrots
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Optional 1 or 2 tbsp of hot water
Step 3: Instructions
To make the nachos dip:
- Boil diced potatoes no longer than 10 minutes almost done to prevent them from getting to starchy.
- Boil carrots in about 8 minutes soft.
- Put into the blender.
- Add the nutritional yeast, tomato paste, arrowroot starch and garlic powder.
- Blend on low first to combine the ingredients, increase to get a smooth dip.
- If the dip is to thick add 1 or 2 tbsp of hot water and stir thoroughly.
To make the lentit nachos:
- Pre heat the oven 350℉.
- Take a skillet and add a handful of tortilla chips as the first layer.
- Add two tbsp. of lentils, then add two or three tbsp of salsa spread across the tortilla chips.
- Now add two to three tbsp. of nacho dip.
- Then repeat the layering of the tortilla chips, lentils, salsa and nacho dip.
- Add some finely chopped jalapeno.
- Warm in the oven for ten minutes
- Take out of the oven and drizzle some more nacho dip and 4 to 5 tablespoons of guacamole.
- Ready to serve.
Step 4: Notes
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you tried out this recipe or have some suggestions then let me know via the comments.
More information and a printable recipe can be found on The Tortill Channel.