This instructable calls for:
1. An LP Vinyl Record (or another size if you want a smaller bowl)
2. A Cookie Sheet
3. An Oven-Safe Bowl which is about the shape and size you want your record bowl to be
4. An Oven
5. Oven Mitts
Step 1: Step 1: Choose a Vinyl Record
1. Choose something with a pretty design on it as it will be the base of the bowl (As seen in the picture below) or another option is that you could draw or print a design on a piece of paper and paste it on after the bowl is formed. If you do not want to go for a pretty picture you could use a record that has meaning, say your favorite band from the 70s (though keep in mind that the disk will be ruined and unplayable). Also, when choosing a record please try to pick ones that have scratches across them or are otherwise unusable since you will be ruining them anyways (: You do not want to make any record collectors angry.
2. If you do not have your own records, I would suggest looking for one in a relative's attic (if they do not mind), or go to the thrift store (that is where I got mine, it cost me about a dollar)
3. It will be better to have the larger vinyl records and have the material not too thick. (The ones in the picture are the smaller disks as far as I can tell, I think the larger size is called an LP)
4. Check the record on ebay to make sure it is not valuable, who would want to ruin a record they could get good money for? (:
The record I chose was a Disneyland one with the songs form Robin Hood, (see second picture of finished product) this movie was one of my favorites from when I was a kid, plus when I found it at the thrift store it had a huge scratch on it.