Introduction: How to Make Zipper Bag
Create this cute little bag using only zippers. Stuff it with fun things like candy, pencils, money or makeup. All of the zippers actually work, and you can open it from the top, bottom, middle, front or back.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
The list is short . . . .
1) 14 9-Inch Metal Zippers (use other zipper sizes to get different sized bags)
These metal zippers are quite pricey ($3.99 each) so this little bag cost over $50.00 to make, but you can use plastic zippers to save some dough
2) Thread & Sewing Machine
Step 2: Sew Zippers Together
1) Divide zippers into two groups of seven and arrange them so that the zipper heads alternate
2) Begin sewing by placing two zippers together (right sides together) and stitch
Note: It helps to unzip the zippers a little and stitch part the way down. Then with the needle down and the presser foot lifted, gently glide the zipper head back past the needle/presser foot and continue stitching
3) Continue step 2 until you have seven zippers sewn together
4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for second panel
5) You should end up with two panels of seven zippers each
Step 3: Flatten Seams (Optional)
1) Finger press open the tiny seams
2) Using a zigzag stitch, stitch along the center of the seams
This helps flatten the seams and gives your project a more finished look
Step 4: Stitch Panels Together
1) Place one panel on top of the other with right sides together (zippers facing each other)
2) Stitch around the entire bag starting at one corner and continuing around the outside
3) Make sure you leave one zipper open for turning
4) Reach through the opening and turn inside out
Step 5: Ta-Dah
Stuff it with fun things like candy, pencils, money or makeup. All of the zippers actually work, and you can open it from the top, bottom, middle, front or back.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.