Introduction: How to Make a Bacon Wrapped Monte Cristo
Tired of always having the same old omelets, pancakes and cereal for breakfast? This recipe allows you to break out of your standard breakfast rut. With some basic ingredients and kitchen supplies you can be well on your way to a fantastic new look at breakfast. This takes about 20 min. and requires little to no cooking expertise.
Step 1: Ingredients and Appliances
For this sandwich you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices of ham and/or 2 slices of turkey
- 2 slices of your choice of cheese (Swiss or American work well)
- (optional) mustard or mayo
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- (optional) 1/8-1/4 cup triple sec
- maple syrup
- 1/4-1/2 lbs bacon
Non Food items:
- stove top
- mixing bowl
- measuring cup
Step 2: Make the Batter
- Crack the egg into the bowl
- Add milk, triple sec and cinnamon.
- Whisk together
Step 3: Make the Sandwich
1. Take your bread and add butter, mayo or mustard to taste.
2. Layer your meats and cheeses on the bread.
3. Quickly dunk your sandwich quickly in the batter.
Caution: if you dunk the sandwich in the batter for more then a few seconds it will turn out soggy.
4. Wrap sandwich with bacon.
Step 4: Cooking the Sandwich
1. Put griddle over medium heat.
2. Grease the griddle with butter.
3. Fry the sandwich on both sides until brown.
Step 5: Serving the Sandwich
1. Let cool for 1 to 2 minuets.
2. Add syrup or jam on top to taste.
3. Combine any extra triple sec with equal parts vodka, rum, tequila, gin and sour mix as well as a splash of cola to make a long island to go with your sandwich.
4. For best results serve with hash browns or home fries.