In this Instructable, we will learn to make a Hovercraft style Bristlebot from an old toothbrush at home in just few minutes. It is a fun little robot that is amazing to play with. It will be liked by all your friends and specially kids. Make one and surprise everybody with your skills.
Step 1: Materials Required
1. Vibration motor (from an old mobile phone or buy one online)
2. An old toothbrush
3. Coin cell
4. Connecting wires
5. A toy switch
6. Cellophane Tape
7. A piece of Cardboard
Step 2: Procedure
1. Disassemble an old Mobile phone to remove a vibration motor.
2. Using Saw blade, cut down the head from an old toothbrush.
3. Apply some hot glue and paste the motor over the brush head.
4. Using Hot glue, attach a toy switch on the brush neck.
5. Take a coin cell and connect the wires with the cell.
6. Secure them with a cellophane tape.
7. Cut one of the wires, solder it to a motor terminal.
8. Using Hot glue, attach the coin cell over the brush head.
9. Solder the other wire to a switch terminal.
10. Make connection between the remaining motor terminal and the switch.
11. Turn ON the switch and leave the bot on the floor. We see that, it starts to move but it also falls down.
12. To overcome this problem, cut a piece of cardboard slightly larger than toothbrush head.
13. Using Hot glue, paste it as a base of the bot.
14. If we now turn ON the switch, the bot is very balanced and it moves really well.
So friends, this here completes the instructable, visit back soon for new ones. You can also Subscribe for regular updates.
All the best..:)