Design and build a marine-themed costume out of recyled cardboard.
Must not use fasteners and/or adhesives and utilizes slotted construction.
-Play or Halloween
-Only recycled cardboard
-Middle school student
-No fasteners and/or adhesives
-As few parts as needed
Supply Quantity Size
cardboard 1 30''x30''
Tool Tool Number Purpose
Pencil T1 Drawing
Utility knife T2 Cutting cardboard
Cutting board T3 Protecting surface when cutting
Ruler T4 Measuring distances
Part Part Number Quantity
Lower shell P1 1
Upper shell P2 1
Connector P3 1
Step 1: Making the Lower Shell
2. Put cardboard (S1) on top of cutting board (T3).
3. Use pencil (T1) and ruler (T4) to draw a circle with a diameter of 22 cm.
4. Use utility knife (T2) to cut circle out of the cardboard (S1).
5. Use pencil (T1) and ruler (T4) to draw a circle with a 22 cm circumference.
6. Use utility knife (T2) to cut out the circle.
7. Use utility knife (T2) to cut from sides of lower shell (P1) to bottom.
8. Cut a 4.5 cm tab in bottom of lower shell (P1) with utility knife (T2).
9. Make a 1 cm long cut on both sides of the tab with utility knife (T2).
10. Make an angled 4.5 cm long slot a half centimeter away from the previous cuts with utility knife (T2).
11. Fold edges if wanted.