Introduction: How to Make a Cat Wheelchair
This cat wheelchair is for all the kitty cats out there in the world who are missing one or both of their hind legs, or for those with crippled or paralyzed hind legs. Our goal was to build a wheelchair, for disabled cats, that is just as effective, and more affordable than other wheelchairs on the market. Many cat wheelchairs on the market can cost upwards of one hundred dollars. Ours cost us around twenty dollars.
- PVC Pipe
- Cat Harness
- PVC Cutter
- PVC Cement
- Bolt and washers
- Drill Foam
- Sweatshirt String
- First cut two 15 inch pieces of PVC pipe.
- Cut PVC pipes to a height of 9 inch (including the 90 degree t-junction)
- Connect your pipes to form a U shape
- Cut the height pieces to 1.5 inch length and add the new connector pieces for the cat to rest it’s back legs.
- Cut axle shield 6 inches
- Insert bolts in the hole of the axle and apply necessary amount of washers to those bolts
- Drill a small hole into the sides -1/2 in back from front- and dremel the hole to the desired width
- Connect axle shield and t-junctions to the U shaped pieces from earlier
- Take wheels and screw them onto the bolts
- Place cat in harness
- Route sweatshirt string through cat harness and run through holes drilled in step 7
- Have fun with your little critter and his new found freedom
Go Fund Me
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.