Introduction: How to Make a Cheap Blowgun
This instructable will demonstrate how to build a blowgun, blow darts and a quiver using only a curtain rod and various other household items.
This is my first instructable, so bear with me
Step 1: Materials
- Small curtain rod (the kind used in doorways)
- Duct tape (of course)
- Drinking straws
- Modeling clay
- Film canister (filled halfway with modeling clay)
- Dremel (hacksaw will work)
Step 2: Cutting the Curtain Rod
Most curtain rods have divots at the end that allow the length to change.
These must go, or they would obstruct the path of the dart.
Remove them using the cutting attachment on your Dremel (or just use a hacksaw)
Step 3: Finishing the Rod
Most curtain rods are just a wrapped piece of sheet metal, meaning there is a gap where the two sides meet. This will need to be covered or the pressure that propels the dart will dissapate out of this gap.
Covering the gap is simple, just get a strip or duct tape the length of your rod and cover the gap with it .
Step 4: Making the Darts
To make the dart all you need is a straw, some modeling clay, toothpicks, cotton twine, and duct tape.
- First, cut a one inch section from the straw
- Second, tear off a piece of modeling clay a force it into the section of straw you just cut
- Then take a toothpick and force it into the clay-filled straw
- Cut about 10 one inch sections of twine
- Tear off a 1-2 inch strip of duct tape, and attach all the ends of the string to one side of the tape
- Wrap the tape around the back of the straw. All the strings should be bunched together.
Make as many as you see fit.
Step 5: Makeing the Quiver
Making the quiver is easy. All you need is a film canister and some modeling clay
- Fill the film canister up halfway with clay
- Attach to main rod with some duct tape
Holds about nine darts
Step 6: Your Done!
Now go find a good target and fire away!
Be careful, will stick in human flesh.