Introduction: How to Make a DIY Peacock Shaped Key Holder?
Key holders are a common thing to notice in every household. After all, they are the most sought after things in today’s world. A key holder is meant to hold the keys and are mostly placed inside the entrance of the house for easy accessibility.
Seeing the benefits and advantage of having a key holder in the house, we bring here a unique key holder design which is made from materials easily available in the home. Also, it looks elegant and is easy to make. So let’s begin to make this DIY peacock key holder craft.
Step 1: Things Needed for Making Key Holder
- Glue gun
- Colors and brushes
- Mount board
- Hanging clips
- Key hooks
- Decorative beads and stones
Step 2: Let's Make the Arrangement to Make the Key Holder!
- Draw a peacock shape on a mount board as shown.
- Now cut the mount board along the outline using a cutter. We get two such shapes, one on which the pattern is drawn and the other piece which forms only the outline of the design.
- Paste the cut out shape on a thermocol/Styrofoam sheet as shown.
- Cut along the Styrofoam sheet to get the shape of the peacock as in the mount board.
- Paste the other mount board piece on the back side of the Styrofoam.
- This arrangement is done to make the key holder strong.
Step 3: Let's Draw the Design!
- Take a cardboard and draw the designs as shown.
- Cut along the outline of these designs using a cutter.
- Paint these objects with different colors to give it a brighter look.
- Paint the key holder with green color as its base.
- Also, give it slight touches of blue to make it look like a more realistic peacock.
- Paint the eyes with white and black color and also color the beak and hood with yellow shade.
Step 4: Let's Decorate the Craft!
- Use decorative stones to decorate the colored objects.
- We are using different colored stones to paste on these objects.
- Now stick different bead laces around the stones to give it an attractive look. We have to repeat the process for all the colored object.
- Paste these designs on the key holder.
- Now use the golden color beads to decorate the peacock key holder.
- Use the other decorative bead chains to decorate the neck of the peacock.
- Take the blue paint and make designs around the neck of the peacock as shown in the craft.
Step 5: Let's Fix the Key Hooks!
- Make holes on the key holder using key hooks.
- Finally, paste the clip hangings on the backside of the craft which will help to mount the peacock key holder on the surface of the wall.
Your beautiful DIY peacock key holder is now ready to use!!
Step 6: Conclusion
Wow!! What an amazing craft. It looks beautiful and elegant. Also, you do not need many resources to make it. It is useful to keep the keys and you should give it a try. Do not forget to share your valuable feedback with us.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.