Step 1: Gather the Following Materials
- Hole puncher
- Sticks and Leaves
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Beads (optional)
*Note: For children under the age of 10 be sure to ask an adult for help when using the scissors or use child-safe scissors.
Step 2: Plug in Hot Glue Gun
* Note: if you are under 12 years of age be sure to ask an adult for help when using the hot glue gun
Step 3: Fold & Cut
- Cut out the middle of the plate leaving space to decorate and punch out holes
- At this point you should have a plate with the center cut out and hole punches.
Step 4: Hole Punching
- Make the holes directly across from one another.
* Note: You can add more holes for a more intricate design
Step 5: Weaving the Yarn
- Designate a front and back side for your dream catcher
- Thread one end of the yarn through a hole from the back side that you designated. We will refer to this end of the yarn as the “weaving end”.
Step 6: Weaving and Adding Beads to Your Dream Catcher
*Note: Be sure to end with the weaving end of the yarn in a hole that is right next to the one you started in.
-Now, like lacing a shoe, thread the weaving end of the yarn through a different hole across the middle of the plate.
-Repeat this weaving process to create a pattern that looks like a spiderweb until all of the holes you punched out have been threaded.
*Note: You can choose to add beads to your design during this process, by slipping them onto the edge of the yarn while you weave
Step 7: Tying the Knot
- Cut off any excess yarn you might have left over.
Step 8: Decorating!
- With the markers you can draw squiggles with different colors to make you dream catcher stand out.
- Carefully use the hot glue gun to glue on the sticks and the leaves
- Make sure to leave some space at the bottom portion of your dream catcher to add strands of yarn for more decorations
Step 9: Beads and Feathers
- Thread the yarn through the three holes you left available in Step 6, tie a knot, then thread the beads onto the yarn, and tie the yarn below the beads to keep them from falling off.
- Be sure to leave some space at the bottom of the yarn for feathers.
- Glue on the feathers in the remaining space at the bottom of the yarn.
- Repeat two more times.
Step 10: Wall Mount
- Glue the loop of yarn onto the back part of your dream catcher, at the top.
- Let it dry completely and then it can be hung from a nail or hook on a wall.
- Enjoy your dream catcher!