This instructable will show you how to make a frame using only duct tape.
This instructable will be divided up into 4 parts:
1. Make the Corners of Your Frame (Steps 1-4)
2. Make the Edges of Your Frame (Steps 5-6)
3. Put the Frame Together (Step 7)
4. Make the Hanging Strip (Steps 8-11)
-Duct Tape (color of your choice)
Step 1: Make the Corners of Your Frame (Part A)
To begin making a corner of your frame you will need:
• Two pieces of duct tape about 5 inches long
• Two pieces of duct tape about 2 inches long
Step 2: Make the Corners of Your Frame (Part B)
• First tape the two pieces of longer duct tape together by laying down the first piece (sticky side up) and placing the second piece (sticky side down) on top.
Step 3: Make the Corners of Your Frame (Part C)
• Fold the sides down the middle to make a triangle.
• Fold each bottom flap back up to make a rectangle.
Step 4: Make the Corners of Your Frame (Part D)
• Fold the overhanging flaps behind the rectangle to make another triangle.
• Then, using the smaller pieces of duct tape, tape down the each side of the corner making sure the opening at the bottom remains untaped.
• Repeat this process for the rest of the corners.
Step 5: Make the Edges of Your Frame (Part A)
• To begin, cut off a piece of duct tape 1 inch longer than the side of the picture being framed.This ensures that the edge will be long enough. Cutting off excess is easier than adding duct tape.
• Then cut a piece of the same length and tape the two pieces of duct tape together by laying the first piece down (sticky side up) and then placing the second piece on top (sticky side down).
• Next, fold the pieces of duct tape in half (the long way).
Step 6: Make the Edges of Your Frame (Part B)
• Place the folded piece of duct tape on your picture and cut off any excess tape with a scissors.
• Then tape the sides of the edge shut, with a 1 inch piece of tape, making sure the opening is not taped close.
• Repeat this process to make the rest of the edges of your frame, adjusting the length of the duct tape pieces so that each edge is longer than the picture by 1 inch.
Step 7: Put Your Frame Together
• To begin putting your frame together, place the four edges around the picture being framed creating a border.
• Then, place one of the corners over the the duct tape edges and use 2 small pieces of tape to secure the corner to the edge on the back side of the picture.
• Repeat these steps to secure the remaining corners.
Step 8: Make the Hanging Strip (Part A)
In order for you to hang your picture being framed, you will need to create a hanging strip with the following materials:
• One piece of duct tape about 2 inches long.
• Two small pieces of duct tape (about 1 in long and .5 in wide)
Step 9: Make the Hanging Strip (Part B)
• Take the middle finger length of duct tape and fold it in half (the long way) bringing the sticky sides together.
• Next, fold the duct tape in half (the long way) again, and then fold again in half (the short way).
Step 10: Make the Hanging Strip (Part C)
• Place the folded piece of tape on the top, backside of the frame.
• Then tape down each side to the back of the frame using the 2 smaller pieces of duct tape.
Step 11: Make the Hanging Strip (Part D)
• Hang your picture in your new duct tape frame!