Step 1: Prepare the Materials
To make this dummy, you'll need:
- An old pair of pants
- A bunch of old newspapers or clothes
- An old sweater, coat, or jacket
- A mask
- An old pair of shoes
Step 2: Stuff the Legs
- First, gather your pants then your old newspapers or clothes.
- When using newspaper, crumple it slightly. Don't crumple it as much as you can.
- Start from the bottom and work your way up.
- Stuff the dummy legs as realistically as you can.
- Don't put a lot of old newspapers or clothes in one area, then none in another area.
Step 3: Put on Some Shoes
To put these on, just simply tuck the bottom of the pants into the shoes.
Step 4: Stuff Your Torso
- Start at the arms and work your way up.
- Just as you did for the legs, stuff it with your old newspapers or clothes.
- You may want to put more stuffing in the shoulder area. When the dummy is sitting down, this makes it more realistic.
- You might want to add fake hands or gloves to make it look even more realistic.
- You might want to add stuffing to your mask to give it a 3-D look.
Step 5: Finish It
- Tuck the pants in the torso to put it together.
- Know where you're going to put your dummy.
Putting the Dummy in a Sitting Position
- Lift your dummy up from the bottom when moving it.
- Slowly set it down.
- Set it up the way you want it to look.
Putting the Dummy in a Standing Position
- Use a wood post or anything you want to hold it up.
- Stick the bottom of the wood post in the ground, and the other end up the back torso of the dummy.
- You may need to use a staple gun to staple the legs to the torso so they don't fall apart.